Lake Orange trip on 06/03

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rebcatman, Jun 4, 2006.

1. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I fished Lake Orange for the first time, and did pretty good. I caught a total of five channels, the largest went about 3 pounds. I caught them all on chicken livers within 15 yards are so from the bank. I missed a number of bites, which after a while I was getting mad, but after catching the first fish, less than 12", I understood why I had missed so many.

One thing that surprised me about the lake was the face there is not a lot of bank space except right by the bait shack and boat ramp. I was under the impression it had much more open bank to fish from. The water was also very warm, the times I had chicken liver left on the hook, they were half cooked! I wonder how warm the lake gets, considering it is only the first week of june. Anyway, it was a good enough trip that I will go back.

2. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    how do i get to lake orange from Person Co.? im familiar with hillsboro, mebane, haw river, saxphahaw, but never seen lake orange that i know of...also is there a boat ramp? if so how much are the fee's to launch? is there a fee to fish?
    Thanks,
    Mike

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Basscat,

Lake Orange is located outside of the town of Orange, which of course is located in Orange County. It is NW of the City of Fredricksburg. I am not sure of how to get there from the places you mention.

It does have a boat ramp, and there is not fee to fish from the bank. The lake does have a bait store, give them a call at 540 672-3997