Lake Ontelaunee, S.E. Pa

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by caneywaney, Jul 6, 2009.

1. caneywaney

caneywaney New Member

State:
    Pa
    Actually a resivior, but loaded with biggies from what I understand

:big_smile:

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i live 5 mins. from lake ontelaunee and it does have some nice one's, the only problem is gettin to the fish, no boats and the shore lines have alot of weeds and lillies, back by peters creek is a decent area in the spring before all that crap grows in, alot of that lake isn't very deep. but its a great lake ta get bait:wink:

3. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Haven't fished it un years but had good luck with channels when I did fish it. last time I was there things had grown in pretty bad and pretty much prevented me from fishing where i wanted to. also, there was a Lot of garbage laying around. that pisses me off!

4. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I never catch anything except white perch out of there for some reason:confused2:

5. :smile2::smile2:-:smile2:--:big_smile:----:roll_eyes:-----:cool2:------:eek:oooh:------:sad2:---------:embarassed:

6. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    white perch make good bait:wink:

7. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hands down my fav place to fish EVER.. You can chest wade alot of it by peters creek and get pretty far out.. There are actually roads and walls in there on the back side that you can walk a good 100 yards into water on.. Def a great place to fish for bass,perch,cats,carp,bait fish etc.. Ive been hooking alwife there with stick baits and using them for cats HAHA. :cool2:

Just watch your back there at night...

8. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Went out last night for an hour with just worms and stink bait and caught a couple 13-15 inch cattys.. One had a huge soar on its mouth "ahhh"... I was told that from the lime plant dumping into lake years ago..

9. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    My mother-in-law caught a juvenile musky probably 26-27" from there released immediately near the cement mill when they let you back there years ago

10. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I haven't been there in years. The last time I was there, it was a sad sight to see all the trash left behind. The spot I fished, you now have to park at the area on Calcium Rd just off Rt73, walk the path past the cover, around the bend and follow it until you get to the "L" shaped ledge. I fished from the rock the juts out below the ledges and cast straight tward the opposite ledge. I reall hammer channels there a few times. The last time I was there a tree had grown out from the ledge and I wasn't able to cast around it so I went elsewhere to fish.

11. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Was just up there sat night from 8pm-4am and caught nothing but a small stripe bass.. Had a couple good hits off alewife but nothing ran with it.

12. rivershark-voulantary

rivershark-voulantary New Member

State:
    pa
  13. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I go out there once a week for bait etc.. The lilies are packed in the back soo its great bass fishing right now... Easy to catch 30 sunnies in 15 mins..

14. rivershark-voulantary

State:
    pa
    Sweet. It's an easy drive for me but never threw a line in. Was thinking of giving it a go sometime soon. Hows the night life there gotta watch your back?

15. drakkir

drakkir New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    i,ve been fishing there for years now its seems a little hit or miss, white perch and alewife are the best baits we've found

16. rivershark-voulantary

State:
    pa
    Thanks rich check your pm for a message I sent you.

17. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    The night life is a little sketchy.. If your willing to walk walk walk you can get on some channels everytime.. Sunny heads and alewife are by far the best there.. Just honestly carry a firearm and keep your ears open for idiots.. They love to break in cars and rob ya from behind.. Its sad but true.

18. Andrewdouv

Andrewdouv Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I see a lotta carp in there by the closed bridge. The place is gorgeous from a distance, but like everyone is saying, the banks are TRASHED. I convinced my girlfriend to up there with me last week with a few trash bags, we cleaned around the bridge, but thats about it. she had to take a piss and that was the end of our duty haha. I'll be back though with a few of my buddies to scout/clean up a bit.

If anyone's willing to share some good spots, i'd really appreciate it!

P.S., if you go, throw a trash bag in your tacklebox, do us all a favor and just pick up around the area you're fishing in.

19. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania

Glad to see other people care about where we fish.. Its sad too that all that trash is around considering there are plenty of trash cans by the lake.. Try using chest weighters and walking out from peters creek with some pumpkin seed 5 inch tube baits..

20. Andrewdouv

Andrewdouv Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    i gotta try that next time! thanks for the tip