Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Carl, I have not been out there much this year but with all the rain we had I would get you a couple dozen worms an some shad if you got a net. I go an see what you can get. Remember them flats eat worms too.

Good luck an let us know how it turns out for you.

· Registered
278 Posts
Hi, I've been out about 5 times so far this year, once on the Kaw and the rest at the Clinton spillway/Wakurusa, I haven't even seen anyone catch any kind of cat yet, only a few tiny drum here and there at the spillway. I DID hook on to a monster flathead there a few days ago though, my guess is that I snagged him, I was using those soft rubber fish jig deals they sell at wally world that look just like a baby bass, I hooked into him with 80 lb. power pro, and I honestly thought he was gonna either break my line or my rod, I had him for about 10 minutes and couldn't even budge him off the bottom, then all of a sudden slack line, I just about cried, haha, I've seen guys catch 50-60lbers, and this thing had to have dwarfed them, anyways good luck bud!:soldier:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.