Lake Olathe Fishing Report 6-19-07

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Frank Perez, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Frank Perez

Frank Perez New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We put the boat in at 10:15AM, Water Temp 83, (according to my Lowrance FF) , Air Temp started out at 80, got up to 84.. Skies clear, sunny, slight breeze to good breeze.
    We tied up to a tree on the north east side to hang out under shade.. that was nice.
    Later on, we tied up on the north west side, under a tree / under shade.. that was even better. We packed up by 8:30PM. OK.. Here’s what you really want to know: We caught 3 channel cats and two crappies. We were throwing everything at them… Crawlers, minnows, goldfish, rapalas, frenzy shad lures.. the cats were only biting on the crawlers.
    We actually ran out of crawlers. (note to myself.. It’s better to have too many crawlers than to run out, especially when the fish are biting / stealing your bait) The crappies we caught later, slow trolling the south west side, using a In-Line spinner bait, similar to a Blue Fox / Super Vibrax Spinners, but with white feathers in the treble hook. They were all eating size with the biggest channel cat being 3lbs. We would have had two more crappies but one jumped off as it broke the water, the other, my nephew got a little carried away with the reeling it in.. and ripped the hook out about 10 feet away from the boat.. He must have thought he had a marlin on.. My nephew caught fish.. I caught fish.. they were all keepers. The weather was great. There was a breeze most of the time. It was a good day.

2. jdunndmb

jdunndmb New Member

State:
    Kansas
    sounds like a good day.