Lake of the Ozarks

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MOCatdaddy, Jul 25, 2009.

1. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well i am new here to the BOC and i was wandering if anyone has any tips for me in Missouri for Lake of the Ozarks. I plan to catch some big cats and needed some tips. Any help would be thanked. Billy

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC and x2 on Earl's post. Chris

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Billy.

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    another welcome to the boc for ya buddy. earl is right on with that bait suggestion, but you will need 10 posts before you can pm anybody.

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    hello welcome to the boc !!!:big_smile:

earl is right on as bait!!!!

most should be comming off the spawn and will adventure back down river from truman with the water being shut off .

I would night fish only in search of big ones and spider rig with live bait in the areas your electronics show active fish with bait near them .

I would pay close attention to what depths your electronics show the bait balls of shad and fish around that depth .

if its too windy or if your in a area with many trotlines and you cant spider rig .
    I would anchor and set up on some shallow flats near the channel and cast all around the boat covering as many different water depths as possible ...

many times at night big fish will move up onto the flats to feed ,, again I would stick with several poles having live bait ,, or atleast fresh cut bait .

good luck :wink:

6. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Welcome have lots of luck and fun catching those LOZ cats:big_smile:

7. mikeymac17

mikeymac17 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah I am actually just wondering how good all fish are in this lake.. Going tomorrow for two-three days of fishing with my girlfriend, wanting to catch somethings, wondering what lures/bait to use, and what types of areas to try and get to from the shore because we may not have a boat.

All help is greatly appreciated, and the BoC is the only place to go!:smile2:

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

9. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome, Billy. If you fish in Camdenton, fish from the highway 54 bridge back into Ha Ha Tonka. I have set up jugs along the channel and have done well. All along the bluffs in that area are excellent. I have caught good size fish this year using bluegills, and shad as well as chicken liver. I know some members that have fished the osage below the dam and have great results as well. Where do you plan on fishing?

10. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    if i was fishing from the shore fish i would go to the dam and fish in the old channel all the way at the the end of the east bledso in the dead water side

11. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks been trying all of that but the pearch thing

12. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    what do u look for on electronics to find the big ones?
    I always look for ones deep but not for sure if im even close
    would around the ore house area on the flats be about where?

13. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    many good flats down from the oar house a few miles

if your only wanting to catch big fish and just not alot of fish

i would fish with the biggest baits live ya can because many flatheads down that way comming off the nest as well

dont rely on just deep holes ,, find bait balls close to flats and or structure ,,

try to suspend some big live baits as close to the bluffs as ya can get them big fish and flatheads love the bluffs not just on the bottom either .

if your only after 40 lb plus fish and up it will be slow

but should catch some fish in the 10 to 30 lb range each night

in my opinion

14. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Haven't been on the board for awhile, its good to see some of ya again. Caught this blue on july 26th about 4am on a whole shad w/ the tail cut didn't weigh him..water was a cool july 81deg. caught in 26 ft of water on a hump. Going back down to try my luck again this comeing weekend

Attached Files:

15. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: way to go kyle congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharrin the info and pics of that fish :big_smile:

16. illinoiscatfish

illinoiscatfish New Member

State:
    illinois
    i will be in osage beach at the lake of the ozarks in a few weeks and i could use some tips on drifting for blues around osage beach area. let me know what the bait to use is and what rig to go with thanks :wink: