Lake of the Ozarks mid-March

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jacobsuenram, Feb 24, 2009.

1. jacobsuenram

jacobsuenram New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm heading up to Lake of the Ozarks in the middle of March and would love to catch some cats, don't care which kind. Can anyone give me some tips? Haven't fished up there a whole lot.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Throw us a bone... What part of the lake are you going to be on? It's about 93 miles from Bagnell Dam to Truman Dam, that's a lot of water...

Early in the season like that, I'd be looking shallow. Real shallow. Like less than 10 ft shallow. Use fresh cut shad and move around until you find them.

3. jacobsuenram

jacobsuenram New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I will be fishing the Gravois Arm most of the time, but was also thinking about trying the spillway area of Bagnell Dam if there is a boat ramp there. I don't know much about the area so I figured I'd ask the experts.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I want to know where the damn is where the water comes out that everyone is talking about?

5. huntoften

huntoften New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The fish in my avatar came from LOZ in March. Fresh liver, fresh cut bluegill, or if you can find it shad work well. Fish around docks that clean a lot of fish and fish on the bottom or fish suspended vertically over the old river channels. Find the thermocline and fish close to it.

6. jacobsuenram

jacobsuenram New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thank you both for the advice. I appreciate it.

7. zach p

zach p New Member

State:
    missouri
    How about on the Grand Glaize arm? Any tips for around there?