Lake of the Ozarks is solid ice!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FishinJack, Jan 9, 2010.

1. FishinJack

FishinJack New Member

State:
    LakeoftheOzarks
    What's up guys, I'm a newbe. I live at the 31mm and the lake is solid ice. Never seen that before. Lived here for 5 years. I was even walking around on the ice in the back of my cove. I don't know how solid the main lake ice is. It looks pretty thick. Any of Yall fish Lake of the Ozarks main lake (45mm to the 1mm)?

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the USCA Jack.

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the USCA Jack. Glad to have ya aboard. I have never fished down that far but there will be some on here that have. There is a ton of knowledge on here and the people are willing to share it.

Tom

4. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Welcome Jack, Ther will be someone to help you here soon...I dont live down that way but i have been that a way fishing and i only snagged on ozark...but on tablerock is where i fished fished...

5. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Welcome to BOC. WE fished that are a lot 20 years ago . Got too busy for us . We drifted that area a lot in the summer and anchored up in colder times . Ther was some good 75 foot water right there at the osage 31mm. Good luck I bet there will be some people with a lot more current information that will help you.

6. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Scotty should be around soon and some of the warsaw guys they will put ya on the fish.

7. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    for some ice fishing!!!

8. mr. baker

mr. baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went to my condo at the 14mm yesterday. All the coves appear to be frozen in solid. A lot of ice in the main channel but some open water. Our condo dock is in a slight cove just off main lake and we usually don't get much ice, but there was a lot of ice around the dock yesterday, even with the aerators running. With the sun out I just couldn't stand it so I threw 2 lines out in some of the open water. Tried 2 spots but only fished about an hour and a half all together with cut frozen shad. No bites, but it was good to wet a line.

9. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    Ive only fished around browns bend 50 to 45 mile marker about a couple dozzen times threw out my life and most of that was spoonbill trips .

I mostly fish the upper end of lake of the ozarks from 70 mile marker to truman dam .

I may get to fish the lower end some this year tho I met a gentleman from this site a month ago or so and we plan to hook up and do some fishin this year .. cant wait sounds fun to fish new water ..

sorry I dont know any details for ya on that end of the lake ,, but i do know that end will produce some nice cats !!!!!

10. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    welcome fishinjack glad your here

11. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Welcome to the USCA.

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the USCA fishinjack,Glad to have ya on board. It's a great place to be,so welcome again. You're gonna love this site!!:handshake::Happy:

13. FishinJack

FishinJack New Member

State:
    LakeoftheOzarks
    Yeah this is a great site! Seems like yall are real fisherman. I usually fish quite a bit (not right now though), I also guide for bass and crappie. I used to have a regular job and guide on the side, but I lost my regular job. So I just started guiding more and it's worked out. So I can catch those small fish pretty good. But I'm interested in getting more into catfishing. maybe a little paddlefish. These fish get big! Crappie and bass typically only a couple pounds. You don't start bragging about catfish until they hit 20lbs at least!

14. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Welcome to the USCA Fishingjack:handshake: You can find a lot of information on the site.

15. love2catfish

love2catfish New Member

State:
    Northwest Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. You'll find lots of posts from "experts" fishing the lake near Warsaw. I haven't noticed a lot of posts from around the 30mm. I fish around the 62mm quite a bit. I watch for Catfish Scotty's posts, both for the knowledge and entertainment (you'll have to read some to know what I mean - ie whack 'em n stack 'em). Seems like the trends hold true throughout the lake. What happens at the dam in Warsaw somewhat affects the fishing where I'm at, just to a smaller level. All the same, I hope you find some useful information here and maybe a few fishing partners!

16. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    wow I have a buddy that has a place at hiawatha beach I bet i know wheir your at then ya got to be close to the big bluff thats 50 foot deep and then the river makes a hard bend to the right if your going down river .
    man thats neat we have caught alot of spoonbill and cats your way .. I love all the shallow flats to fish in your area .

even got thrown out of cardnil cove bar once back in the day lmao us rowdy guys was a tad bent whiskey bent and hell bound that afternoon ,, then to top it off water patrol pulled us over and said we had the pontoon overloaded with to many people and coolers of beer lmao had 11 of us on the pontoon and a cooler straped to the front past the gate ,,

he said all that was above water was the deck the toons was only showing at the top lol of course i just had to be driving and he seen all the empty beer cans on the floor and asked if I had been drinking like a dummy i said nope then he said well whats that in your hand well low and be hold sure enough I was holding a beer ,, I said oo thats just my spit can

well after the ABC test backwards and skipping a few too many letters the 4th time lmao he told me I was done driving for the day !!!!! and even told me he better not see me driving a bulldozzer ,, jet ski ,,boat,, 4 wheeler or car the rest of the day or i was getting a ride to jail with a ticket !!!!!

wheeeew so out of the drivers seat i went and my buddy took over and he followed us all the way to the dock and told us to stay their and not to over load the pontoon again !!!! lmao

awwww to be young again

17. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some good catfishing below bagnel dam. Its not on par with Warsaw but several nice ones get pulled out each year.

18. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. I like the fact that everyone refers to scotty for answers. Scotty do you have tax exempt status yet for all your followers? lol Let us know when the lake thaws out. I got a itch for those big winter blues!!