Lake of the Ozarks catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by elvenbane1, Nov 5, 2006.

1. elvenbane1

elvenbane1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Was wounder if anyone has been on LOZ jugging this week. I was going to go out tomorrow morning and wanted to see what the fish were doing. A buddy and I went last week and caught seven nice blues, the largest being around five pounds.

Kip

2. timpndr20

timpndr20 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have'nt been jugging,but I have been doing some drifting.The last 5 trips,I have landed at least 1 fish per trip over 20 pounds each trip.With 2 fish over 35 pounds.The fish have been on bottom in 20 to 35 feet of water.I have fished from the 18mm to the 45mm and found the fish at these depths in both areas.Try fishing with whole shad 3 to 4 inches long,that seems to be the size the bigger fish are keying on.Fish with your bait about 2 feet above your weight with your line at a 45 degree angle.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Drifted all day today at various locations between the 82 and 88 MM, mostly in 25 to 35 ft of water. Only one or two bites and one tiny fish to show for it.

There were hundreds of fish showing on the sonar, all within 10 ft of the bottom - don't know what they were, but they were thick. And apparently not catfish.

Shad were easy to find in White Branch cove.

4. elvenbane1

elvenbane1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well we didnt do that great. We caught three blues using hotdogs and shad sides. One went about 6-8 Lb. We were fishing around the 6MM. I dont know if the over cast stopped the bites or not.