LAKE OF THE OZARKS 14 Inches of Snow

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by TomV, Dec 5, 2006.

1. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Looking at those photos gives me a very sick feeling.

We keep our two boats at a Marina on Truman and our Marina got 15 to 16 inches of snow and some of the dock covers are caving in and some docks are leaning.

We tried to get down there last weekend to check on our boats and our friends boats but they had the park and marina entance blocked off. We started to walk down there but was stopped and didn't make it.

We've recieved reports from our marina that our two boats (houseboat and pontoon) are OK.

Our dock is OK but other docks where our friends boats are docked are in trouble.

We will get down there this Saturday to check on our boats and others.

Friends of ours are suspose to go down there Tuesday (today) or tomorrow to check on their boats and ours and let us know how things are.

2. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
  3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Tom i hope your boats make it through if theyre doing okay so far i bet theyll make it!

4. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Thanks.

We've gotten reports that they are OK but we haven't been able to get down there to our marina to check them out yet.

A friend is going to try again today to get down there to check things out and we will be going Saturday morning to check on our two boats, other boats, our cabin and the marinas. We will have our camera on hand.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    well goodluck with the boats let me know what happens with them!

6. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    We finally got over to the marina this morning to check on our boats. The entrance to the park was no longer blocked and the roads were clear. We had no problem getting in and out.

Both our boats and all of our friends boats at Truman State Park Marina are fine. Some snow and ice that we had to get off a cpouple of the baots of our friends but no real problems.

There was a couple boat lifts that were really twisted and briken, no boats on them. We didn't have our camera with us, so no pictures. Almost all the snow is melted off the boats and docks anyway.

We left our heat on so the it would be warm so we can do some work on it tomorrow. So we'll be back there tomorrow and maybe get a few pictures of the twisted boat lifts.

7. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Glad to hear that your boats came through all right Tom. We got off a little easier than you guys south and west of us did. Four or five inches , first inch was ice though so it still created problems but nothing like you all got. Melting off slowly, the ice underneath is keeping everything cold in spite of the warm up we have going this weekend. But today should make a big dent in it, I hope.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tom those are interesting pictures and stories. I feel for those folks. Glad to hear your boats were not damage.

Ken posted some pictures of floating docks in MO that sunk from the snow but didn't have boats in them. I had a floating dock for 10 years and hated it. I have a permanent dock now with lifts.

9. jes4561

jes4561 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    anybody have any word on rebel marina at the 60mm loz?

10. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Jeff I went by there the other day and there was some damage to the dock roofs of one or two docks..Nothing real major though I don't think. The big damage was to the Marina boat storage buildings. The roofs collapsed on many of those that were on Ivy Bend Road.