lake of ozarks below truman lake 1st/2nd jan

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfish Wizard, Jan 4, 2009.

1. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Fishing on truman 1st & 2nd was lots of fun. No realy big fish for me,but lots of small fish. Caught 12 to 15 each day. Great days on the water already.Atleast i was not working.Good way to bring in the new year. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS YEAR.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats a aw sum place Danny. Welcome to the BOC and check out the thread about the Missouri gathering this spring. It's May 15,16&17. Great fun, everyones invited and the fishing is usually very good then. Check it out and make plans to attend. You won't regret it.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the BOC Danny.

4. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Thanks for the report Danny. Good luck this year.

5. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Going fishing on Wednesday. Any suggestions on what part to fish? Boat ramps?

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You'll probably do better 5 or 10 miles below Warsaw. But you have to find bait first and that can be a challenge, especially down in that part of the lake... I'd put in a Drake Harbor and try to find bait there, then head downstream till you find fishy-looking spots.

7. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Marty thanks for the info...Will reply hopefully with exciting news!!

8. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    It was nice meeting you Danny. I'm sure we'll meet up again some time. Good luck to you as well.

9. Biggame-1

Biggame-1 New Member

State:
    Belton Mo
    Hey when you have a emty seat give me a call. Thanks for the great times last year. Hunter had a ball. Thanks for taking us out!!

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Terry. We're just about neighbors.

11. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Bluejay I haven't heard the word Cowgill for a long time. 20 years ago I used to hunt the Carr farm south of Cowgill for years. I was really spoiled to have such a great farm to hunt and then he lost his farm playing in the stock market but COWGILL sure has some wonderful memories for me.

12. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    My farm is N of Cowgill at the corner of B & F hwy. 2 miles E of Bonanza Wildlife Area. I've had it 9 yrs. now. Some good huntin up that way. Killed my biggest deer in Richmond. I'd be livin there but the little lady works in the city.

13. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Wow, I used to know that area like YOU DO:smile2: Had a couple of german shorthairs and the quail hunting was just great, shot all my deer and Carr's deer and got our turkeys what a great place to remember, Carr's idea fo hunting was a quart of crown and his 357 driving around on a nice day:eek:oooh:

14. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Who drives around. We just set in the truck. LOL Where you at in the big state of Mo. now? You going to make the gathering?

15. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I live in Nixa which is 10 miles south of Springfield, I'm retired and my wife and I have a small motor home stored in Racket on Truman and we try to go camping everyother week when it warms a little.
    And yes I will be at the gathering, I've not been before but it seems this time I must, CAN'T WAIT:smile2:

16. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Get on over there and sign up. I'm in camp site #48. I have a buddy that lives in Tightwad. We used to camp at the state park every weekend. Quit that when I bought the farm and moved the pop-up there. I'm retired and the wife works for MDC.

17. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    We are usually camped at Barry Bend or Long Shoals, the RV is stored in Racket. We always camp from Monday thru Friday and leave the lake for the weekend warriors:smile2: but it looks like we'll stay for the weekend:tounge_out: What do I need to sign up for, I'll be there:crazy:

18. jctiger

jctiger New Member

State:
    Grain Valley Missouri
    Bluejay,I also hunt near you.We have a farm off
    B hiway and Tobin Valley rd north of Cowgill.
    Alot of deer and turkey in the area.

19. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Jeff we need to gey together some time. I also see you don't live to far from me. I'll PM you my phone #.

20. jctiger

jctiger New Member

State:
    Grain Valley Missouri
    Bluejay,thanks.
    I dont live up there just yet, its just a weekend
    getaway but I want to bad.I plan on it after I
    retire in a few years(I hope):roll_eyes: