Lake of ozark

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jcook77, Jan 26, 2008.

1. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    how far is the lake frozen

2. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    i would like to go to mallard bay sunday

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Several boat trailers around drake harbor and city ramp here in Warsaw. Looked all open when I crossed 65 bridge, dont know about the rest of the lake.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Drake harbor had some ice today. We docked north of there at the city ramp and it was open. Broke some ice for everyone with the boat up to the old river channel at the dam, didnt take long and it was all open also. Went down as far as the oar house and it was all open.

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    what did you catch troy did you go after cats or crappie today ?? dad went to the docks for a little tryin for crappie on jigs but didnt catch any. he seen the sea gulls catching small shad at the dam he thinks around 3 inchers . did anybody catch any cats today on the osage or truman ?????

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Kirk, Jim and I went Scotty. We just took some crappie poles today. Didnt catch any, had a Blast though.:big_smile: Great day to be on the water.

Marked a lot of big fish stacked up and some shad.

7. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

cool troy anytime you can get out with a couple buddies in january is awsome!!!!! did ya tell any dirt jokes ???? hee hee im jelous of you guys been stuck at home for 3 weeks with the wife and she dont like dirty jokes:smile2::smile2:. can ya tell im borred from my posts and threads ??? lmao:roll_eyes:. glad you guys had a good day on the water!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

8. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    went today caught some blues nothing big forgot my trow net just used shad guts and skipjack . All most all the coves were froze, put in on the main lake around 65.

9. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    My dad went today and put in same place as Troy did. They found some shad but just the little ones. Caught just two little channel cats. He didn't really see any other boats catching anything either.

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Didnt know who was fishing this weekend ,just set here all weekend

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Just wish it would warm up,I am going to spend all my time on the river this year.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Hope it warms up soon Robert. Nice out there today but the wind is really picking up. Give me a call when you want to go.

Josh we seen some guys catfishing down by the oar house. Thay had a canvas type enclosure on there boat. Looked like a really nice set up. Didnt know if that was them or not?

13. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Troy I think he stayed up by the dam. He was in a Tracker.

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    went fishing saturday and sunday at warsaw in the river had to brake ice both days to put in at the ramp at drake harbor saturday morning around 8;30 found some 3 inch shad went down river found severl pockets of fish the first 2 stops only produce 1 fish 8 lber but the 3 rd group of fish we found fed pretty good caught around 20 biggest was 12 lbs.

sunday ice again and even worse so we went for breakfast and shot the chit for awhile finally put in around 10;30 and still spots of ice shad was tuffer to find also from the coves still mostly ice but we finally found some and started fishing around 1;00 and caught 8 the biggest was a nice 25 lber or so then the rest just 2 to 5 lbers

be glad when the weather gets a little nicer and stop freezing and snowing:cool2: