Lake of Ozark Update

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishbuck, Aug 19, 2008.

1. catfishbuck

catfishbuck New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ameren UE has minimal generation now and is trying to maintain a lake level of 657 or there abouts for the next month because they have divers trying to install steel crates and mesh over the turbine intakes to stop fish from going thru. Lake has finally cleared up and fishing was fair. Caught 2 or 3 each day with the biggest being 10lb and a 12lb blue on cut shad of course and a couple of 5lb channels. The vacationers are finally down to a minimum which makes it so much better trying to fish :roll_eyes:.

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    That's has to be good to hear.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome to the BOC.
    Glad to hear that you are catching fish

4. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I heard the same thing the other day, from my experience the catfishing on the lake is much better when they are releasing water. I'm assuming they are keeping Truman's water release to a minimum? Nice fish by the way, and welcome to the board

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great report, thanks for the update.

6. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    it is good to hear about the ozarks again.my grandad had a house and dock about the 48 mile marker and we caught alot of good cats out by the bluffs and drifting down the channel with cut shad.He owned it for 40 years until he sold it about 6 months ago BUMMER!! I know what you mean about fishing in the tourist offseason,it makes for much cleaner and calmer water.good luck!!!!!:big_smile_2:check out the pics welcome to the boc

Attached Files:

• 075.jpg
      075.jpg
      File size:
      48.2 KB
      Views:
    • 155.jpg
      155.jpg
      File size:
      52.5 KB
      Views:
    • 156.jpg
      156.jpg
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was down below the dam almost all day Friday and after the big rains the previous 2 days (over 5 inches) they were letting out alot of water. It was rolling good enough that people were having quite a tough time gettting their boats on the trialers at the ramp. I had skipjack and live bluegill, along with river worms and Wicked Sticky. Cut bait generated a few small nibbles, no fish. Live bait nothing at all. Worms nothing at all (very rare indeed) but I coulda caught 50 eater channels with the darn stink bait but I wasn't really set up to clean and catch them and they swallowed my worms and didn't have the heart to rip their guts out so just left the worms in to rust out. Unfortunately I then ran outta dip worms. LOL. I fished hard for 9 hrs even went about 2 miles down river. No one was catching much of anything except the crappie guys. Might have to fish at night next time I go below the dam. Tried shallow, deep, mud, sand, rock, etc. Not a blue to be found. Oh well, still beats working.

8. catfishbuck

catfishbuck New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went last weekend and Monday as well and never caught a blue. Was drift fishing with fresh shad sides and heads but never had a bite. Caught a couple of channels using dip bait as well but could not locate the blues in channel, 30' of water, or even in shallows around the 8MM and up on the Gravios arm :sad2:. They had close to 6" of rain earlier in the week--don't know if that had an effect or not? Hope it is better this next week.

9. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    Good to hear from you. I haven't fished since the morning we visited on the Gravois Arm. Too much rain and I have been busy with the vineyard in Higginsville. If they start biting give me a post and I will try and come down. Dick Branson

10. catfishbuck

catfishbuck New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Will be going to my class reunion this Sat.(20th) in Higginsville and then on down to the lake on Sunday. Will let you know then if anything is biting as I plan to spend a few days there fishing. If you're coming down, let me know and we will hook up.