Lake Of Egypt-Goreville

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by RedRebel, Jan 8, 2010.

1. RedRebel

RedRebel New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I haven't been able to get downhome to do any fishing for the past six years, just funerals. Is anybody fishing for Channels out of eagle point bay?

Down at the gas station if its still there I remember always seeing somepeople fishing for cats there. never seen anyone catch them just seen deadones.. Down at my uncs I fished off his neighbors dock just with bread catching channels one after the other.

Is the Carp fishing good or howbout Flatheads? never seen or caught flatheads outa there but theres gotta be some.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Never fished it myself... maybe Mickey will chime in. He is from Goreville.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Zach Welcome to USCA. In regards to Egypt and fishing. There are several nice channels caught out of there each year.Its difficult to anchor up and fish because of the pleasure boats, bass boats and sea doos. I have not heard of any Flathead caught out of there, but would bet they are there.

4. Jerry Cline

Jerry Cline New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the USCA Zach Catch a big one

5. RedRebel

RedRebel New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the welcome, Thanks Mickey for the info on the lake. If I remember correctly the last catfish I caught when I was down there was on the church beach. I'm coming down this spring for bowfishing, I might be down by Ullin though. gotta stop and get me some triple e though!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Zach there is always good fishing around the church beach area. If your going to be in the area of Ullin, travel to Mounds City and fish the grainery for cat, on the Ohio. Could catch a big blue cat there. I have seen them take two hundreds pounds of fish out of there in a morning of fishing. There is plenty of Bar B Que waiting on you..

7. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eagle Point Bay is good - although if ya have time - hit the old part of Lake of Egypt out by Tunnel Hill...I have caught some nice Flattys and Channels out of years ago...I am pretty much the same - don't get home as much as I used to....