Lake Oconee?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by trapperP, Oct 6, 2008.

1. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Planning on going down to Oconee soon and doing some scouting for the goose season and thought I would throw in the rods and some shrimp. Probably will launch at either Swords or Sugar Creek access - any advice on where to try from either of those two points?

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    BassMassey is the King of Oconee. :0a26:

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    well i wouldn't call myself the king of anything since I'm really still learning the contour and holes on oconee. I would put in at swords rather than sugar creek though. Most the spots that have produced good for me so far have been points that drop quick down into the river channel. Look for spots where the channel sweeps the bank and blown down trees are going into the water. Alot of people say they've caught good ones down near the train trussel, but I haven't caught nothin over 10 lbs down there.......might wanna throw them shrimp in the sautee pan with some butter, then go catch some fresh shad, lol.

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    hey trapper, im not sure where in ga you're from.......but if you're interested we have a small gathering going on on the weekend of the 25th this month. We're gonna cook-out, drink a few beers and shoot the breeze, and fish our a$$es off..........check it out under the gathering section..

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    He really is. :big_smile: