Lake Oconee

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by harleydnut, Apr 14, 2006.

1. harleydnut

harleydnut New Member

State:
    georgia
    Caught 15 nice cats on the lake this week..Used trout lines and minnows about 20 feet deep......

2. diertae

diertae New Member

State:
    georgia
    how big of minnows did you use? and what was the size range on them cats brother? nice to see someone else using trotlines too. which brings me to my next point. if you have a strong enough trotline you can pull your honda out of the mud with it. Gator will know what honda i speak of

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    hey, someone finally posting on Lake Oconee............I'm from Ohio and love catfishing........and will soon be living on lake Oconee............I love fishing for big flatheads , and i will be fishing off of the bank.......will this lake suit me any?? I have heard that there was a big channel cat population....and a few flatheads..........does this lake have a main river channel? a spillway? any help would be greatly appreciated.....

4. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Aaron- I was on Lake Oconee for the long holiday- we have a family lake house there in the cove at Eagles View. The Oconee River basin contains 3 large water reservoirs, Lake Oconee, Lake Sinclair and Bear Creek Reservoir. The Oconee River flows freely for about 20 miles until it joins the northern end of Lake Oconee which is formed by Wallace Dam. There were many catters out on Saturday night. I use a pontoon boat up there and most fisherman I run into are in their boats. I do see the occasional bank fishers during the day. Now that I am a member of the BOC I feel I will be up around the lake house a great deal more. I am usually fishing in salt or brackish water around Savannah where I live. When are you moving to Lake Oconee? You can PM me, if you like.