lake norman

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay101, Mar 27, 2008.

1. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    any one fishing lake norman . try to go in a couple of weeks . could any one tell me where to go with giving away a honey hole. dont get to fish norman much . need a little help. what baits. what tactic , so on so thorth, thanks a bunch . best of luck to all. remember C.P.R.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    He's good on the "dead sea". He'll help you out!

3. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fish Lake Norman all the time,catfish are moving up in shallow bays at this time. In 2 weeks,they should be in the bays full force (coves) in the skinny water. Shad,bluegill,bass,perch, crappie all work well in Norman. Wife caught a flathead on a bluegill head yesterday and I caught a nice blue on a bass fillet.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    LakeNormanBlues knows where they are; try PM'ing him. The fish must check in with him before they move from creek to creek or go up river to spawn.

He is the Dr. Doolittle of fishing on Lake Norman. The fish acutally talk to him. :wink:

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    jay jay, your timing of two weeks will probably work out just fine. The current surface water temp. is 57 to 58 degrees. By the time you are ready to fish the surface water temp. should be 60 degrees and the cats will be moving into the mouths of creeks and maybe deeper, according to Phil Price. That is where I will be. Mac