Lake Norman tomorrow

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MERUSS, Feb 16, 2007.

1. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    heh ya'll
    going to norman striper/catfishing. probably start near the hot hole, anyone been marking bait or fish in this area lately?

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    You need PM LakeNormanBlues. He will put you on them. :wink:

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    got a friend that slayed the srtripers near the McGuire hothole in the early morning hours near a light on a dock with a lil' fishie. said he caught around 20 or so, all around 16-18 inches. Stripers and catfish both will probably be around the hotholes. Talk to Mac, he will know if anybody will. He's probably gonna' be on the water tomorrow too. see ya

4. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    try mt creek. should be a few blues in there. drift fresh cut shad and live shad.

5. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks for info ; I will let ya"ll know how we do if I don't freeze to death.

6. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    Well, came real close to freezing to death. It was a good day. We hooked up 11 times and boated 7 fish. There were 2 torneys going one striper and one bass; boats everywhere. Our 2 best fish were 25 and 24.5 inches which is typical for norman. Two striper torney guys fishing close by saw us catching fish; but all they could get to bite were cats. They were pretty ticked seeing us catching fish. Hope everyone had a great day on the water.

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Congrats on a good day, you mind telling us whereabouts you were fishing at and what you used for bait? I haven't been to Norman in a while and would like to try it. Thanks!

8. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    Fished first little cove down river from marker 15 [ near marshall hot hole] . Used gizzard shad for bait. The bait was stacked in about 50' water and were slow trolling through schools suspended at 20 to 30 feet.

9. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Thanks for the info. I assume all your hookups were stripers and did you get the gizzards from Midway?

10. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    yea, we only hooked sripers. But saw three cats ( small ) by other boats.
    Got the bait at high rock. Remember the bait tank post. We did mark some fish that were probably cats but we were fishing up in the water column and moving pretty fast.,

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    You did good today with that many fish. I heard most folks had a tough day on Norman this morning. I understand the cold. It was 22 when we launched this morning.