Lake Norman stripers ?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by supra06, Dec 26, 2008.

1. supra06

supra06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Is there any stripers found on the south side this time of year near Ramsey, Lucky or markers 1 and 2? It seems like the reports are coming from farther north. Thanks and happy holidays.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The answer to your question is yes, there are striper's in Lucky Creek, Burton Creek, Davidson Creek and Reids Creek, plus Work Creek and others off of Davidson and Reids Creek. Way in the back of Ramsey Creek you might find some striper's across from Jetton Park.

PS, you need to get a picture for your avatar so we will know who we are conversing with. Thanks

3. supra06

supra06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks. Just going off of reports from the papers it seems like the stripers move northward for some reason. The reports say things like, "from the damn to marker 5" or "from marker 5 to 13" and now I'm hearing things like, "they're catching them from both sides of 150." I was just wondering if it was worth it to drop a few lines on the south side this time of year. I guess you never know until you try.

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Supra06, did you read what I posted? There are fish on the south end, I and several others catch them all the time, but we do not put it in the newspaper. :big_smile: You said you wanted to fish the South end in your first post on this thread and I gave you some places, what gives with you? You need to get out there and get them.

5. supra06

supra06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just lookin for patterns, and tryin to have a friendly conversation. I plan on trying some spots and am very limited on area I can cover with man power as my engine. I was going to ask some questions about gulls but I wait for you to post up more pieces to the puzzle.

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Our gull population is less than half of what it has been in the past years. The gulls roost on the South end of the lake and you can find them in all the creeks I mentioned in an earlier post.