Lake Norman Slam! Catfish and Striper Combo fishing trip!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MERUSS, Oct 6, 2007.

1. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    Man I've been working like a dog and hadn't wet a hook in 3 weeks, so when my bud called and wanted to go friday after work I was ready. He wanted to striper fish and I wanted to catfish; so we comprimized, he fished stripers on the left I fished cats on the right on a slow troll.
    While we were fishing friday night another friend wanted to striper fish at daylight, so we fished till 1:30 friday and started again at 6:00 am saturday.
    In the end we caught 2 channels 1 blue 1 flathead 7 stripers 2 large mouth bass. My question to you all is does this make a Lake Norman slam ??
    The cats were caught near marker 21 in about 35' water and perch was the best bait. ( should have had more cats had 3 pull the hook at the boat) The stripers and bass came on threadfins slow trolled.
    Slam or not ??

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Id say YES!!!!!!!!!

3. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    It sounds like a slam to me!

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Rusty, I have you down for a slam in my record book. Way to go Bro. Mac

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The Lake Norman bass slam is a striper, largemouth, and spotted. The catfish slam is a channel, blue, and flathead. You almost had a double slam!! :wink: