Lake Norman Report 5.31.06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, May 31, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    A buddy and I fished Lake Norman from 6:00am-11:30 today and got onto some 3-5 pound blues early on. We have fished Norman several times this year with limited success, but today made up for it. We ended the day with 40 blues and channels.

All of the fish were around points near deep water. The runs between points produced few fish, but the drifting up and off the points produced fish on every pass.

The total of 40 surpassed my best day of 31 earlier this month. A great beginning and ending to the month.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    where did you guys get your bait from and what part of the lake were you fishing? Also how deep did you catch the fish? thanks, wanting to try Norman soon. My dad lives up there and he would love to see a 40 fish day. later

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Rookie12 we fished all depths, from 5 feet to 40, but the fish were being caught in 10-15 feet of water. Many of the points along the main lake will provide you will the structure you need. Bait was cut white perch and we caught them on the lake.

Don't expect 40 fish on every trip, as a matter of fact that many fish is a phenominal day. We have had many trips to Norman that produced 5-6 fish.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    how did ya'll catch the perch on Norman? I catch them on Tillery pretty easy. What's the best way to catch them on Norman?

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Just drop down a sabaki rig to the bottom sweetened up with minnnows or worms while you are drifting...the hydrilla with gills will find you!