Lake Norman Perch Report March 17, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Left my dock at 2:30 PM and scouted for some perch and found them around 2:45, put out my Sabiki Rigs (4) with one hook on each rig doctored with a small piece of night crawlers. Ended up with 24 perch and two small striper's. I almost filled a 5 gallon bucket with them bad boys. You will notice that the two perch on my bait tank lid are larger than you normally catch on LKN, I had ten that size and knocked off several at the side of the boat. Back at my dock at 4:25 PM.

The wind was blowing out of the NE at 8 to 12 MPH.

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    They have been hard to find on Wylie, guess we have to come up that way...

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Caught a half a sackful of WP in Snug's last week while you boyz were messing around SCC. Size was excellent and the bite is definately ON.:wink:Mac is right they seem to prefer the red worms on the double hook rig to a Sabiki

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a nice catch. Good luck in the future

5. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Bait or eats those are nice. Going to try to take my 10 yr old out after school today, are they still in Beaver Dam Creek?

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Last week they were. But you can catch all you want in Little Creek to the East and South of the Shoal. Best bite is in the 25 to 40' this morning. WylieCat was out thar this morning and caught a mess. Maybe he will give a report later.

7. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the heads up will give it a shot.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It was finally nice to get on some white perch like they are supposed to be caught; MULTIPLE RODS DOWN!!! :smile2: I filled up the bait tank and the live well.

LakeNormanBlues gave me some exacting directions on where to go, and when I got there I found out Mac was WRONG!! They were two feet deeper than he told me!! SHAME SHAME SHAME!! :smile2::tounge_out:

Seriously, he gave some great directions and I caught a fish the first time I dropped a jigging spoon. LakeNormanBlues showed up a bit later and we both caught them for about 1 1/2 hours before they moved on and dispersed.

Hopefully Lake Wylie will get up to speed here soon! :eek:oooh:

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Share The Love

I will take a dozen live ones Saturday morning:wink:,2 live wells full is way more than you need:smile2::smile2: