Lake norman nuclear plant?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cckessin, Dec 16, 2005.

1. cckessin

cckessin New Member

State:
    Charlotte,North Carolina
    Does anyone know where the hot water discharge shute is for the Mguire nuke plant is located on lake norman? I am thinking about heading up there in the morning to fish for blues and some linesiders and was told that the hot hole near the nuke plant is real good this time of year. Thanks for the help

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    chad if you whould fill out your profile with more info outher members whould give out more info

3. cckessin

cckessin New Member

State:
    Charlotte,North Carolina
    Roundhill, you bet. I wasn't sure how to do this at first. I appreciate it.

4. cckessin

cckessin New Member

State:
    Charlotte,North Carolina
    Roundhill, do you know anything about Norman's Nuke plant discharge channel?

5. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Roundhill, I don't see what filling out a profile has to do with asking a question. Maybe some people don't care to let everyone know their profile. There is no requirement on here for asking a question. Just thought it was rude the way you answered it.

6. cckessin

cckessin New Member

State:
    Charlotte,North Carolina
    Kittyhunter, I wasn't sure how to fill out the profile at first, but dont' really mind to. I totally understand where your coming from though. In this day and age it is very easy for some one to be all up in your buisness with just a scrap of information gathered from a person, especially on the web. I am a fairly private person too; but in the interest of learning about fishing and being friendly I am willing to let people know a bit about me, but I'm like you I'd much rather keep it about fishing. I ain't that interesting to begin with LOL. Speaking of fishing, where did you snag that hog in your profile pic?

7. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Neuse River in Smithfield, 35 lbs. my biggest so far. Not sure where you are in the state but if you are close to Elizabethtown and want to fish the Cape Fear, talk to Joe0580, he lives at Lock 2 and can help you out. We mostly fish the Neuse from Smithfield to Goldsboro.

8. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    im sorry if i offended anyone but thear has been a lot of questions ask an things said from new brothers that dont fill thear pro file out at all it dose not ask for private stuff anyway but if im going to help out i want to know who im talking to . yours truly RON HOWARD.

9. cckessin

cckessin New Member

State:
    Charlotte,North Carolina
    KittyHunter, I live in Charlotte and don't venture out that way much. I used to have quite a few boxing matches in a place called Kinston and I think I had one or two in Goldsboro. That's quite a trip from Charlotte though. I fish mostly on the Catawba chain, although I would like to try my luck out that way this spring when the Flatheads are starting to hit again. I've got a small runabout that would probably do alright in the river. If you’re interested holler at me and I will drag her out and we'll try and put the voodoo on them. If you're in Charlotte and would like to hit one of our lakes let me know. Norman and Mountain Island have good populations of blues and flats. I live on Wylie and it is overrun with good eating sized channels.

Round hill, I am not sure what you mean in your badly misspelled tirade. If you have to know someone to give out simple advice then I really don't think you give out advice very often. I am sure you know a few people on this forum, but how many have you met in person? Do you know their wives? Where do they work? "Who dere baby's daddy"? There are probably thousands of members on this board, do you know them all? When someone asks you directions, do you ask them who their uncle is? I noticed that you are from Kings Mountain; I come from the country too. Where I come from we will help out a complete stranger and won't ask for a dime, or their names in return. I have seen you ask quite a few questions on this board and no one responded with asking for your social security number and date of birth. They helped you out and didn't want a thing in return. When you put your name in ALL CAPS (aren’t you something) that doesn't mean I know who you are now, that just means you think highly of yourself. You’re not giving away nuclear secrets when you tell some one something about cat fishing. You still have not been helpful; therefore I will ignore your future posts.
    I haven't talked to the creators of this forum, but I am sure they made the profile setup to allow members to get to know each other in a FRIENDLY fashion, not as a prerequisite for exchanging ideas.

The warm water outlet; according to a man at Byrums is located just on the other side of the long point near Blythe's landing off of Highway 73. If you put in there just go around the point and head towards the dam once you get close you will see the water temp start to rise on your fish finder. That's some advice free of charge and BS. Git’er done

10. andrewlail76

andrewlail76 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My dad an I went out at the Long Island launch and jugged this past Friday night...15 jugs and 3 hours later...we didn't catch crap...

Any advice? I'm thinking about going to the Catawba River in the morning. I'm in Hickory...any advice..suggestions?

11. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Chad, I don't know who told you to go there (hot hole) this time of year. The McQuire and Marshall hot holes are good places to fish in the Winter time. Right now, I would bet that the water temp. at both hot holes is in the range of 88 to 92 degrees, whereas the rest of the lake is in the 82 to 84 range. If you put in a Blythe Landing you could fish Ramsey Creek (NorthWest
    part) or if you put in at Beatties Ford you could fish Lucky Creek or the shoal markers going toward the dam. Lake Norman cats this time of year will bite on bream/gill heads, white perch strips and heads, shad, carp, bass, striper, etc. as long as it is fresh. The warmer the water the more often you need to change your baits. Last but not least, old Lake Norman can put a hurting on you, does not matter how great a catfisherman you are! The nickname for LKN is the Dead Sea and some times it lives up to it's name. Mac

12. andrewlail76

andrewlail76 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My father in law went at long island last night...we caught over 20 3 weeks ago...they only caught a couple last night...

where do we go now?

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have to agree with Mac. I don't fish Norman much, but I do know from fishing Wylie that the hot water areas are places to avoid right now. Water temps around the "hot hole" on Wylie are in the mid 90's. By no means am I a striper expert, but I would bet that they are not fond of the 95 degree water when there is much cooler water they can reside in.

Those places are ones to visit in the winter when the water temps drop and fish are seeking warmer places to hang out.