Lake Norman Nov. 9, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    We had a little striper competition yesterday, somewhere around 29 boats fishing for just one 23" striper and only 16 teams were able to accomplish this feat. But what I took notice of was that almost everyone of them caught one or two or move Ark. Blues. Now these teams were fishing all over LKN and were catching some cats, which they did not want. As some of you are aware, striper fishermen on LKN use live baits on side planer boards and on down lines. The cat actions is not just a single day action thing with striper fishermen, this occurs all winter long. So, maybe you guys that still want to fish for cats in the fall/winter period might want to think about changing your techniques.

Yesterday, I netted four cats and missed I don't know how many more on my free lines and down lines. I do know that they killed a bunch of my baits. This cat action can be found along shorelines or the center of a channel, does not appear to matter.

So, if you want to catch you some cats on LKN, go with live bait and don't have all your rigs dragging the bottom. Try some free lines with a split shot or have some down lines two to three feet off the bottom. They are feeding for sure, those that I caught yesterday and reports from others had great big old bellies.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the tip brother, Sounds like some good fishing year round

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well Mac, looks like the fish may finally be getting turned on a little. I hope so....if I don't catch any tomorrow night I may just quit catfishing all together:smile2:

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro

Yea, right, and then hell will freeze over.

5. Knot Working

Knot Working New Member

State:
    north carolina
    First time on this site, but looks as if it is worth it. glad to here the cats are feeding, Japaneese intern for work has never fished and wants to take his wife and go this wk end. I fish south end of lake a lot but know the north a little also. any recomendations as to where?

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    You most likely will catch some cats in Davidson or Work Creek. Catch you some bream/blue gills, white perch or buy you some gold fish.

7. Knot Working

Knot Working New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Thinking of Mt creek or heading on upriver to stumpy but Bassmasters is this weekend and it will be a litty busy. Sill have been having very good luck in Ramsey creek area. There is just good fishing anywhere you go on this lake. Thanks for the info will hit it friday to catch plenty of bait for sat.

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    There is a big flathead up there at Jetton Park with my name on it. Don't play with him, okay. :smile2: Mtn. Creek will be prime in the next two or three weeks, the stripers are heading that way and the blues will follow.

9. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I think I may have hooked that one last summer Mac. I hung one up there at the park that about gave me all I wanted. Never saw him though. I got some ?s for you too. I'm shooting you a PM bud. Thanks