Lake Norman Nov. 13 & 14, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nov. 13, had rain off and on all day, fished two hours in the AM and two in the late PM. I caught two stripers and a cat in Mtn. Creek between Slanting Bridge and the railroad bridge. No. 30 shiners was all I had for bait. In the PM I fished the back part of Little Creek and caught two stripers, one large mouth and two cats. Down lines caught the fish in the AM and side planer boards caught the fish in the PM.

Nov. 14, picked my neighbor up for some fun fishing in the creek that we live by. Only had minnows for bait and he caught one striper, two bass and two catfish. He also had a large cat on but when he tried to get it off the bottom with 12 test line and the no. 4 hook, it bent out (at least I know where that baby is). There was another bud already in the creek when we got there and he had not caught a single fish. I told him to work the banks and we would work the channel. He must have caught nine or ten stripers working the East bank using blue backs as bait. I am glad he caught them, because he has put me on plenty of fish in the past three years.

Attached photo's are of my trip on Nov. 13, 2008 (legal limit on stripers is four on LKN)

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the report Mac.:wink: You did good.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report Mac, I don't think you ever get skunked!!

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Shane, you are so wrong about me never getting skunked. The worst happen in May of this year. Brother ryang and his family were coming down for Speed Week at Lowes Motor Speedway and I invited Ryan and his family to go fishing with me for catfish while they were in the area. We fished for four hours in one of my favorite areas and never put a single fish in the boat. But later, I found out from his fishing buddies in Ohio that he was known for putting a skunk on a fishing trip. I don't know of many fisherperson that do not get skunked every now and then. It's like the bumper stickers says 'cheet happens'.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice mess of fish Mac. Up here in Joisy stripers are protected more than children. LOL! Ya need to have a pamphlet with ya when ya go out to catch em so ya can read all the restrictions.

Ryang and nothin but trouble anyway. Ya should left him on the dock. :wink::crazy:

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yep, if you haven't ever been skunked you don't fish enough! I think I went about two months this past fall fishing for blues with only 1 fish to show for it!!!! You could smell the skunk on me from a mile away:smile2:

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thx for the report ! Glad your catching some fish . If I am ever down that way It would be nice to try and catch a few . I might jinx you tho seems like alot of the time the drum start biting every where within a country mile of me .