Lake Norman May 13, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, May 13, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I took a Navy fellow fishing for catfish this morning and we did alright, eventho the wind was blowing good out of the NorthEast. Bait of choice was fresh killed crappie and one white perch, plus some godfish and large shiners. Net results was ten cats, one nice one and a white cat. He released the nice one and keep the others for a fish frye.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    looks like another good fish fry coming, congrats on your catch Mac!!!!

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Looks like you all had your selfs a blast and a fun fishing trip that channel was a nice looking one and looks like you caught your self enough to have you a good ole fish fry, thanks for sharing the pictures and good luck to you from here on out.

4. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    That first picture made my head turn to the side lol. Good catch, Hope you have better days in the future.

5. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice job! Just wondering, was the big one a channel cat? Sort of looks like it at that angle.

6. Brucegusmc

Brucegusmc New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Is there any good shore fishing from lake norman? Ive been saying i wanted to try there for a while but my boat is out of commission for awhile.

7. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Brother Bruce, there are two places that the public can fish at and they are the hot hole at the Marshall Steam Plant on Hwy 150 (site is across the road) and at the McQuire N.P. off of Hwy 73.

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Brother Dennis, I believe it was a white cat.

9. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks. I wasn't aware LN had them. I guess I need to learn to recognize the difference.