Lake Norman July 19th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shimano, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I went down to Norman last night with my fishing partner and my wifes brother and father for some striper fishing. I know this isnt a striper board but while we were fishing I had another buddy who was catfishing and thought I'd let everyone know how he did. He fished with live and cut aelwives for four and a half hours with only one bite in the Mountain Creek area but the one bite was a 28 lb. blue. By the way the striper action was fierce last night all four of us got our limit of 4 each and had a blast. It was my wifes little brother who is only 12 (late surprise child) first striper trip and he had a blast and so did I watching him real'em in.

Attached Files:

2. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    I love to watch kids catch fish. My boy's (2 1/2 yrs. old) first real fish were a 7 lb. striper and then a 10 lb. blue back to back which he brought in by himself, after a lot of reeling on my old Penn's. He told everybody, everywhere we went for weeks about those fish w/that light up smile. Priceless. Too bad daddy daycare didn't get pic's of it :roll_eyes:.

3. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I'm new to the board guys, but just last weekend me and some buddies hit Norman for an all nighter. We had just dropped the rods in the water and had about a 5 lb striper just nail it. That got us fired up pretty good, but by the end of the night we managed around a dozen blue's ranging anywhere from about 3 lbs to the big fish at 10 lbs.

4. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Shane <---(great name by the way) Sounds like you had some fun as well...great night on the water man and thanks for the report.