Lake Norman fishing report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    If any of you folks are thinking about fishing Norman this weekend, I offer one piece of advice. Go to the back of the creeks because that is where the bait is and those fish that we desire. I live in the back of a small cove and last night from 6:30 to 8:30 PM I caught five blues and one nice chanell cat. Not big, but not small, the biggest was about 6 pounds. Went today with a buddy in his boat from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM to check out the mid day bite and we were rewarded with a nice 13 pound blue. Bait of choice last evening was blue black chunks and today we used white perch strips. Some nice (12 to 14") gizzard shad are being netted in the back of creeks under dock lights. They are looking for a place to spawn. I hope someone get a nice one this weekend. I will be striper fishing Saturday and Sunday, I will also be conducting a beginners (all types of fishing) seminar at Gander Mtn. from 3 to 5 PM. Be carefull out there, you hear!

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice report Mac. Please call me when the Davidson Creek drift turns on. I need some 2-5 pounders for the freezer!