Lake Norman Fishing Report week ending 6-24-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Fishing LKN can be real productive if you want 1 to 9 pound blues and small channels. Pick your cove and plan on getting your bites approx. half way back in the creeks or coves. Also, it appears that they will bite bream, white perch, night crawlers, bass minnows, crappie minnows, and maybe tater tots from Hardee's. No reports of any big fish being caught, can't wait for the love making to end. While drifting be sure to put a rig out for white perch and you will load up. They make good tablefare and we sure need to get rid of some of them. I took a young fellow fishing this morning and told him that I was going to drift a hump in the main channel and we were going to load up. Man, I shouldn't done that! We didn't get a single bite and I got the H%$^ out of Dodge and went to a small creek channel and got into the bite withing five minutes. He ended up with 8 or 9 in the 4 to 7 pound range. Nothing is constant as change when it come to LKN. Photo of young fisherman with me this AM is attached. Mac.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    nice fish Mac, how deep were ya'll getting 'em? Thanks!

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Chris, the bite came from water depths of 15 to 20 feet.