Lake Norman fishing report week ending 6-16-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Not much to report for this week. Bite has been poor to average minus. Largest fish caught from my boat was a 7.25+ Ark. blue and the average catch was 12 fish for a four hour outing. White perch, when you can find them are biting good to excellent. Big bad flatheads are out there tearing up out live baits. Water temp. for the week has dropped from 82.5 to 77.8 degrees. Dreamed I caught a big one the middle part of the week, but that does not count, does it! It appears that the big ones are spawning, I sure hope so. The Charlotte Observer is doing a feature story on me on the Sports Page this Sunday, have been told that it is a good article, you might one to get one. My 15 seconds of fame!:roll_eyes:

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I sure hope things pick up by next Sat. you still getting 'em shallow? We should be able to find some perch anyway. see ya

3. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    Good write up and I liked how you snuck in the size limit proposal. !5 seconds? Your famous around here all the time. Sure is about time some of the good guys make the news for a change, it was well deserved.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    You have been immortalized by Tom Higgins!! :big_smile:

I enjoyed reading that story. It is some good insight into you and your history on the lake. The best part was the photo of you...hehehehehhe!! :big_smile: It captures your focus, dedication, and intensity!

I hope you will be clipping that story and taking it to the local frame shop for framing. :lol:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for the report Mac. I'm goin' out to see if I can find myself a C.O. here in a l'il bit. Hopefully they're not all gone already :big_smile:. EXTRA, EXTRA read all about it! LakeNormanBlues is in the news :cool2:.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice article. I would have enjoyed it more if some famous lines like "never leave biting fish" so on so forth!!! Maybe a piece about Mac's secret wish to be reincarnated as a 100 pound blue cat and terrorize local anglers:big_smile::big_smile: