Lake Norman Fishing Report July 10, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Bro. coors and his six year old nephew, Judd, were my guest this morning for a catfish and white perch trip. We left my dock around 6:30 AM and headed for Marker 7 in the main channel. Bait of choice for the cats was Skip Jacks furnished by Charlie (coors). I baited up all six rigs with Skip Jacks and within ten minutes or so we had a triple. We slowly trolled along picking up one here and one there and then I showed then an area across the cove from us and told them that I normally harvested four cats per trip in that area, that we did on the first pass. Then we went across a point, caught another one and had a gar to cut the shock leader. Then we picked up some more and then another triple. All total we put 13 in the boat and did a quick release on one beside the boat. Total catting time was 2.5 hours.

We left bitting fish and went to look for some white perch. Never could find a big school, but we did try a small school of perch and they would not bite. Back at my dock at 10:39 AM.

PS, you can guess who brought all the fish in.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    More photo's of Master Judd. As you can see, he's not a bad fisherman.

3. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks for the great fishing report Mac . Great to see a kid having such a good time fishing . :wink:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Did you clean all them for him? LOL! Nice job. What did they think about your candybar trick? LOL! :crazy:

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    As soon as I got the photo's we returned them to the lake. The candy bar suggestion was a good one, but I probably should not have gotten the family size, know what I mean. :roll_eyes:

6. Coors

Coors New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I really enjoyed the trip Capt. u are the man. If anyone wants to go on a good and enjoyable trip give my Buddie Mac a call he'll put u on them. Thanks a bunch Mac!!!!!