Lake Norman fishing report for 5-20-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, May 20, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I stayed off the lake most of the week due to high winds out of the NorthEast and took care of some honey do's. Went this AM with my fishing partner (Cliff) and we had a typical Lake Norman outing. Started a little after 7 AM and pulled the lines in at 11 AM. We had lite winds out of the West (2-3 MPH) and blue skies. Slow drifted the area of D-1 to D-3 and caught 15 cats, largest being 6 pounds on the nose. We used crappie filet strips (if you fish LKN be sure to keep your crappie carass in the boat in case the WildLife Officers checks you), bream and white perch. The crappie strips outdid the other baits. Water temp. was 71-72 degrees and water was fairly clear. Cliff and family will dine on Ark. blues filet tonight. I will catch my din-din tomorrow, which is my day to catch food for the week.

2. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    LNM, Can you explain why to keep the Crappie Carcass in the boat with you? Im fix'n to head that way before long and do'nt want to get in bad with the WRC. Remember Im a rookie...LOL But in the WRC's eyes That don't matter....
    Thanks in advance,
    Teddy

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Lake Norman has a size limit on crappie. Thus, you have to have the whole carass on board to prove that it meets the lenght requirements for LKN by state reg's.

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    cats i dot know about anywhere else but in tennessee a crappie must be of legal keeper size to be legal to use for bait. if you throw the carcas over board you get a ticket because you cant prove the size of the one you used for bait.