Lake Norman Fishing Report August 8, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I did not have to pick my client up today, he walked down the street to my property and off we went to the deep water to fish for suspended cats. He is from PA and was visiting his son and daughter in-law. Wind today was out of the SW 5 to 15 MPH and on several occasions it spun the boat around and screwed up the out lines. Bait of choice today was shad (threadfin and gizzard) supplied by turfman. Used and lost a lot of bait today, but we still put a few (14) blues in the boat. Left my dock at 6:30 AM and returned at 11 AM.

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    whoa!!,nice fish Mac!!!.............RAT

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    another happy customer Mac.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I was out ther today playing with my boys on the water and saw a bunch of dead stripers floating near the lower dam.. They should really implement catching your limit and then not fishing for them anymore.. probably saw 30 or more in a small area and most were good fish too... no little ones.. most looked to be about 6 lb. or so....good Norman fish

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Mac sounds like u had another good day on the lake ,way to go Mac

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Gotta go with Mac sometime shesss. Nice catch!

7. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin

They can't stand the lack of oxygen in the water, let the water temp keep climbing and watch what happens...

It can also mess them up if you catch the fish in deeper water and don't release the air in the air bladder. Stripers just don't do well when it gets this hot.