Lake Norman Fishing Report 8.4.09 (Redneck Warning!!)

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Aug 5, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    If you pick a dead striper out of the lake and cut a fillet off the side for bait...YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK!!! :big_smile:

I just could not stay away from LKN after yesterday. :smile2: Neither could the other 18 boats that were in the area until midnight!!! :crazy: Lots and lots of boats trolling for stripers. No secret I guess. :smile2:

I fished from 8:00pm-1:00am in 92-107 feet of water. The fish I caught were not concentrated like yesterday. I had to move around a lot to find fish, but I did. I ended the evening with a dozen blue catfish up to nine pounds.

The water has warmed a good bit since yeterday to 88-89 degrees. Bait was frozen white perch, but the best bait was the fillet off the floating dead striper I found. :wink:

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on the catch. Did you run into any stripers?

3. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    If that water warms up any more you should have no trouble in finding more stripers floating for bait. Around the summer of 1995 give or take a few years the surface water temp on Norman got to 97 degrees. We went to fish down around the Nuclear Power plant and passed countless stripers that had sucome to the heat. Jumping in the lake to cool off didn't do any good that summer.:sad2:

Were you fishing on the bottom or targeting some suspended fish?