Lake Norman Fishing Report 4-19, 21 & 22-2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I have quit being an early bird out on the water this week, going out around 7:30 or 8 AM and returning three hours later. This week I have fished in three different places and all of them have been productive. Sunday I fish in Mtn Crk. from M-1 to M-3 along the southern bank and caught 12 (those in my bait tank photo), five of the blues were in the 8 to 12 pound range. Monday we had showers and I did not fish. Tuesday I fished Burton Crk. and caught 6, three of which were over eight pounds each. Wednesday I fished in area of Marker 5 and did not get but one fish in two hours, then all of a sudden I found a group of them and put five in the boat in less than an hour. Bait of choice was white perch on Sunday and Tuesday and Wednesday it was live and cut up bream. Water temp this week has been around 61 to 62 degrees and water is stained. Everyday except yesterday I have put a flathead or two in the boat, mostly in the five to 12 pound range.

One of the BOC members, Shane Reel and his partner Anthony Johnson won the 30 hours Spring Classic Striper Tournament this weekend. I decided not to fish it so they would have a chance.:smile2: Cat fishermen eat your hearts out on this news, they have a side pot for catfish in the LNSS tourney and a 42.5 pound flathead won it.

I spent Monday morning setting up things for law enforcement as it relates to the green laser light that Bowler Man was hit with on Saturday night.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The second pic looks like ya got the "HAT TRICK" LOL! One of each.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    You have a good eye, most people would have seen the blues and the flathead and overlooked the channel on the end.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx Mac. Never could see what the trouble was tellin em apart. Actually when they get larger its even easier. :wink:

5. sqlhawkn

sqlhawkn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good job there Mac.