Lake Norman Fishing Report 4-03-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Went scouting this morning for cats and stripers and for a while I thought that the striper catch would out number the cats. But have no fear, they were waiting for brunch. At 9:15 AM I got a 22.5 pound blue and then at 9:45 AM I caught and netted one (blue) that broke the needle on my Stren scales. The needle is laying in the bottom of the scale, loose as a goose. Will have to go to Gander Mtn. and buy me another one. Blue skies and lite wind out of the SE. From reports I have gotten from others fishing for cats, this morning appears to have been an excellent time to be fishing. Man I love Spring, what about you guys and gals? PS, I was fishing up river close to Market 19, see I told you'll where I was fishing, what a sport!:embarassed:

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Mack did you have one of those 50lb scales or what. Thats something you moight want to invest in. A scale that goes up to 100lbs. I bought mine back in 1994 and it's still works great. I'll be going back out thursday and friday.

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Definitely another nice day for you Mac. Way to go!

Have you considered one of those great scales offered by one of our own BOC sponsors Mac? Coffey Marketing has two great scales available.

Click HERE to go to the Coffey Marketing Sponsor threads where you can read all about the scales including reviews by many members that have bought and used these scales.

Keep posting those results and good luck to you on record breaking!

4. catman lo

catman lo New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Sounds like a nice fish for sure. How high did your scale read?

5. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Tomahawk where did you get that 100 lb scale? is it digital or spring type?

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Good day on the water Mac. I love the spring weather, but sadly, it sounds like it may be coming to a halt temporarily tomorrow. Some very cool morning in the lower 30's and highs in the 50's will probably drop the lake temps by 10 degrees over the next few days.

7. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    WylieCat, that okay with me, I would love to start Spring all over again. The past week or so has made me feel like I'm in catfish haven. Wouldn't mind in the least revisiting Spring, how about you and Mudkip?

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Spring is NICE! I love it.:big_smile: