Lake Norman Fishing Report 3-24-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Morning striper trip did not pan out so, my fun fishing partner and myself took two boats out. He with his seven year old son and father in law. My Friday partner used white perch strips and gizzard shad and they caught 6 fish, the largest being a 19+ pound blue. His seven year old son brought that bad boy in (it took a little while, but he did it). Yours truly caught 9 blues, using gizzard shad strips and the gizzards and guts attached, and my largest was 17.9 pounds. We were both drifting (trolling motor) and we had little or no wind and cloud cover until 11 AM. We were late getting started due to honey dos and got set up at 8:45 AM. Not bad for three hours of fishing time. We went 3/4 way back into the creek to set up and slow troll thru the area. Plenty of bait in the back of the cove, including some white perch, which I did not mess with. Their day will come next week when I need some more bait.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    mac what are the water temps on norman now?

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    The area we fished this morning the surface water temp. was 66 degrees. The lake monitor in Cornelius Creek as of 2:53 PM shows a temp. of 70 degrees.

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Spring is sprung! I bet there may be one more cold snap however to keep us on our toes. The bite should really pick up as the bait quickly moves north.