Lake Norman Fishing Info

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Jman, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Jman

Jman Member

State:
    NC
    I'm taking my son catfishing on Thursday on Lake Norman. Were putting in on the upper end of the lake at the Pennensula(Jetton Road). I've not fished that end of the lake and was looking for some advise on some good spots or areas to fish for some blues. Any advice on water depths, style(anchor vs drifting). Anything would be much appreciated. Joel

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Joel welcome to the BOC, this is a great site ,take a few mins. an check out the nc roll call thread an the nc gathering thread also .

send a visitor's msg to LakeNormanBlues HE IS THE EXPERT ON LAKE NORMAN an i believe he could help u on the fishn:cool2:

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    welcome to the BOC Joel

4. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome to the BOC , the best site on the internet . Sorry I cant help you on Lake Norman , But im sure someone on here can and will . Good luck :wink::smile2:

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC. You will find your answer somewhere here on the BOC.

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Joel, there are some big flatheads that hang around the Jetton Park area and to the SE where the condo's are is another good place to fish. You can drift or anchord down, don't matter. They are hitting blues gills and white perch pretty good.

7. Jman

Jman Member

State:
    NC
    Mac, Thanks for the tips. I was hoping to target some blues but I'll always take a nice flathead. Thanks for your post about fishing in hagers creek. I didn't quite make it up that far Monday, staying mostly close to the main channel around 150 and stumpy creek. Didn't catch anything either. Hopefully my sons and I can line up a trip with you in the near future. We all live between Conover and Cornilus. Joel

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Joel, there are blues in the same area, for some reason, I thought you were looking for flatheads. Good luck.