Lake Norman December 27, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Man it was a nice day on the lake, temp. in the low 40's, overcast with lite fog. We must have put a hurting on the stripers yesterday because the pickings was slim. Spent 2.5 hours in Little Creek and got three stripers, two bottom feeding green fish and had a big cat to pulled loose. One of my bud's and CCC member was out there with one of his friends and the skunk was all over his boat. But, I bet it will not be that way all morning.

2. lunatics

lunatics New Member

State:
    NC
    mac, is the striper hitting on bloodworm yet over at norman???? heard from a friend that they were hitting bloodworm and jerk bait under 150 bridge. might go give it a try sometimes this week or so.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Ricky, where can you find bloodworms around LKN? I don't know about the striper's being under the Hwy. 150 bridge, but it is possible.

4. lunatics

lunatics New Member

State:
    NC
    you can get it over at the bait store by hwy 73 and 16. they are $10 a dozens...just went and got 2 dozen today , going to head out to norman in a bit for some night fishing.....i just bought the last 2 dozen, he said he should be getting some in next week or so.

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I've caught small stripers in Marshall Steam Station on bloodworms, but these were barely keepers. Someone told me they feed them these in the hatchery and that's why they'll eat 'em up especially the small ones. most of ours were from 12-18". lots of fish but they were all dinks.