Lake Norman December 24, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Perfect conditions to striper fish this morning. We had lite wind out of the Southwest and it was overcast with some lite sprinkles. The striper's and the bait were at the end of Little Creek. Robert Wood, Reel Magic and myself had just got started when a holiday warrior came busting into the area. The striper's scattered along with the bait, but after a spell I was able to catch one on my planer board and I jigged up one with my jigging spoon, plus some eating size perch. RW caught two later in the AM and the other boat got skunked. There were also some striper's caught above the River Bridge.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I put 4 barely keepers in the boat this afternoon on bucktails on leadcore at Marker 13. I wanted to go up in Little Creek, but dad wanted to stay in the main lake. We done good considering a muskrat had chewed his transducer in half. We had to ask another boat how deep he was marking fish and he told us and we picked up a few. That was weird trolling without watching the depthfinder.

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks, Mac
    Rookie,
    I had a buddy that had that happen twice but not sure what did it. he finally slid some metal sleeved tubing over his wire for the heighth of his transom and zip tied them tight. Cured the problem.

4. RIVERHOBO

RIVERHOBO Member

State:
    nc
    Mac,sounds like you had a decent day even with the interuption. Could not believe I got dad to go out with me,maybe it was because it was my 40th birthday. Got started around 8am in Skipper's. Put out four drift rods for cats and two planners for strippers. Had the first blue berfore I could get the first planner board out, maybe 6lbs. Managed to get three stippers around 24" and four more blues, biggest being 12lbs, before Dad got cold and tired at 10:30. A short trip but a great way to spend my birthday. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year.

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Riverhobo, that is my favorite spot on LKN. I have got more stripes out of Skippers than anywhere else on the lake. good job man!