Lake Norman December 16, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    This morning (8 AM) I was greeted by a fog bank (first photo), so I stayed in the cove that I live in to fish. Worked the shoreline with planer boards and free lines. Bait of choice were some old shiners I had in the bait tank. I could hear the birds working, but could not see them, so I just kept on trolling until I was on them. Net results was three striper's and two eating size blues, plus a large blue that broke my 12 pound test line. Back at my dock at 11 AM.

I fished with 30 some teams Sunday and the best we can figure, there were over 150 striper's caught. Best places to fish Sunday was the State Park, Little Creek, Hagers Creek, Rocky Creek and my secret place. Largest fish caught by a bud was 7.47 pounds on a rainbow trout. Of course, if you go there tomorrow, they most likely will be somewhere else, that's their nature.

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    It's been "froggy" out there for a few days now, hasn't it? You be careful!

Nice haul there. The striper is something that eludes me unless I don't want 'em. Then they smack down and send me reeling!

I'm betting tonight would be a good night for some crappie..wish I could squeeze out the time. Soon though, soon!

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Looks like there's a little more water in the lake than there was when I was up there, that's almost certainly a good thing. You're tha man Mac, you don't even have to leave the cove to have a good outing!

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    My last sentence above describes my striper fishing trip with WylieCat yesterday. We left fish (marked arches) in my cove to go up to State Park, Marker 23, Rocky Creek, Hager's Creek, Stumpy Creek, etc. and found nothing. Came back to my cove and there were over 100 gulls sitting on the water waiting on us and we still marked nothing. We were in WylieCats boat and he must have adjusted and readjusted his sonar settings a dozen times and we still marked nothing. Them bad boys had gone to where ever they go when they decide to quit feeding. We did not get skunked, we caught some green fish (6) that would have made a ba$$ fisherman proud. We each had some major pull downs, most likely cats that we did not connect with.

As usual, it is always a pleasure to fish with WC, because he lets me tell him the same fishing stories I told him the last time we were out. That is what he gets for fishing with an Old Fart.