Lake Norman Dec. 7, 2008 - Striper Fishing

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey guys and gals, it is cold out thar (28 degrees). I left my dock at 8 AM to revisit the area that I caught striper's yesterday, but they were not there. So I did a zig zap cruise around Little Creek and found about 6 or 8 lying almost on the bottom of the lake in 42 feet of water. I got out my jigging rod and reel and pulled three out. Two were in the 25" bracket and one was 23.5". Back at my dock at 9:15 AM and as soon as I get warm, I'm going to clean me some striper's for din din.

If you were tournament fishing you might get third place with one of them, but for sure you would have some points fish.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Super nice stripers there.:wink: great catch.

3. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mac I came in there this morning to have a look around but I was with a friend of mine and he was having problems with his depth finder so I had to look for the birds working and didnt see any action. We went to the back of mountain creek and picked up two. McCrary has been hot this weekend..just a heads up for ya next weekend.

Shane

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    This is a photo of what I saw on my sonar yesterday when I pulled up the striper's on my chartreuse jigging spoon.

5. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats a beautiful picture aint it! By the way Mac can you make the local time any bigger on that screen I can barley see it...:smile2:

Shane

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Man, one of these days I'm gonna have me one of those nice depth finders. Britton's got a good one on his boat and it makes things a little easier. Mine is just good for depth, I wouldn't rely on it to mark fish at all. Oh well, the Atari depth finder is working for now:smile2: I'm just glad this one has a water temp gauge on it!

7. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Watch it Wes I still play my Atari..... :roll_eyes:

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Shane, next to finding fish and catching them, time is real important to a guide.
    :wink:

PS, the older you get, the larger the time scale has to be. :sad2: