Lake Norman Catfish

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by btilley, Jul 23, 2008.

1. btilley

btilley New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Been doing a lot of catfishing recently on LKN and catching decent amounts of smaller cats with a few 20 pounders scattered in. where are the big boys hiding out at night in the summer...closer to the bank, or more in deeper waters and in creek channels??

We are fishing close to reeds creek

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bryan, if you are catching some 20 pounders on a regular basis, you don't need no help from us. Sounds like you know what you are doing, just keep on doing what you have been doing. Mac

3. supra06

supra06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi, I fish w/ Bryan sometimes and the the few biggers that we've caught have been in the shallower waters. We've tried dropping down and drifting in creek channels with not much luck, usually just a stick fish or a smaller. Do you have any pointers to expand the types of water that we fish? We only have a depth finder that cooperates most of the time(no screen, only depth). I would like to explore more of the lake w/ this set up and look into a fish finder latter on. Thank you.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brothers supra06 and btilley, I have submitted several articles on fishing LKN and you can find them at: Catfish Publications (first thing you see on the forum page). If you will scroll down to 'Mac Byrum's Catfish University' you will most likely find what you need to be more successful on LKN. Good luck out there. Mac

5. btilley

btilley New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    not catching 20 pounders on a regular basis but just a few scattered in with the smaller ones. mostly fishing in water >15 feet at night.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you been doing some good fishing!!

Welcome to the Boc, this site is full of good info and great people.