Lake Norman Catfish Report May 1, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, May 1, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I picked up my client at Camp Dogwood, School for the Blind, at the end of Mtn Creek at 6:30 AM. We fished the extreme back end of Mtn Creek for less than two hours and got five blues in there, largest close to seven pounds. Then we went to five points and fish one of the creeks in that area for the remainder of the time. In this area my client caught his first flathead (17.5 pounds) and man was he impressed with the fish and the fight that he had. In this area we picked up five more cats. Winds were in the 15 to 20 MPH range and water was stained. Bait of choice was cut blue gill and the heads out preformed the other cut. Dropped my client back off at Dogwood where I picked him up at 10:35+.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH Magoo. Ya done it again. LOL! Nice job sailor.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Thanks BG, is a way it was a sad trip. Didn't occur to me until it was almost over, but it was my last guide trip in the Sundance.

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good day Mac. At least the last client on the Sundance was a happy one. Hopfully the new boat will catch more fish and keep them happy as well. When are you taking the maden voyage????

5. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    i went today also, i started to give you a call mac and see if you were out and about , i fished work creek from all the way back to across the main channell picked up alot of 5-8lb blues biggest 15lb , i wound up with 26 blues and 1 channell and still no flatties:confused2:, i must not be holding my mouth right yet:wink: but i have quit calling lake norman the dead sea :tounge_out:, i have fished a different spot everytime i have gone this week and have caught alot of good fish
    and i caught 12 nice slab crappie while trolling for cats , all on minnows all in 25' of water , the crappie were all post spawn they were thin and hungry
    caught most my fish from 8am till 1 pm , when the clouds left so did i:wink:

6. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    hey mac there is your name for the new boat (madien vouyage ) for all new clients it will be theres and it looks like the old boat went out in stile a great big grin from it last ride

7. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Nice cats Mac.......looks like lots of fun!:smile2: