Lake Norman Catfish Report 4-30-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I picked up my party of two at 6:30 AM and we had wind out of the East at 10 to 15 MPH. Headed out to the no. 1 fishing locations and found the wind blowing straight into the small creek that was holding my fish. So, I went to the back of the cove and came out against the wind. Trolling motor was set on five and six and the wind was still pushing me back or off course. Still we manage to get some decent blues out of thar. Made a turn and got out of the winds and caught several and missed the same amount. Left that area and found a East bank that we could fish and got fish in that area. Bait of choice was live blue gills cut into two parts. Ended up with less than 20 cats. Fished in the area of Marker 3 and 5 in 10 to 30 feet of water. Dropped clients off at 11 AM.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac very nicely done ya are a true pro... someday I am gonna be as good ...I HOPE:big_smile_2:

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Looks like the cats are picking up at Norman there Mac! When you planning on taking the Lund out on it's maiden voyage?

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Wes, I have another catfish trip tomorrow and then if all goes as planned, I will slip her in the water Saturday and do the break-in thing.