Lake Norman Catfish Report 4-25-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I had a four hour trip this morning and we had agreed to fish one hour for white perch and the balance of the time cattin'. I knew in advance where the white perch were located but when we got there we could not get them to bite the jigging spoon or the Sabiki Rig. So, we cut that short and started cattin'. First hour we caught a nine plus pound blue on a fresh bream head. Then for the next hour or so, we did not get a bite on the fresh bream or the frozen white perch. So I jigged up a nice bass and cut it up for bait and re baited all six rigs. All of a sudden we are catching blues, nothing as big as the first one, but enough action to please my client. Water temp was 66 degrees and water was stained.

2. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good job on the fishing trip Mac, but you might wanna clean that smudge from the camera lens before the next trip....lol...just kiddin ya brother.

3. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    I looked at the lens and it appears to be catfish slime. :smile2:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Is this the fella that didn't have much to say? LOL!

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    10-4

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    I observed something fishing Saturday, the Carp are beating the banks looking for a place to spawn. It will not be long before the blues will be there eating the Carp eggs and later the small carp.

7. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    that is a fun thing to watch , down at wateree the gizzard and the thread fin are beating the banks spawning also. you can make a cast near the banks and catch a 10000 shad at a time now.