Lake Norman April 4, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    My guest picked me up at 7:00 AM, he wanted me to operate his boat and show him what to do. We arrived at our fishing area around 7:20 AM. Water temp. was 61.4 degrees, overcast skies and very little wind. Live, cut up crappie was the bait of choice this morning. We had not trolled very far when we marked a bunch of bass or stipers and then the action started. First fish in the boat was a 19.6 pound flathead, second was a 16+ flathead, third was a 13.5 pound flathead, then some small blues and finished with a nine pound blue. All of this action occurred by 9:00 AM. Then the wind came in (12 to 18 MPH) and I could not work the area, plus the stripers or bass had pulled out. We headed for home a little before 11:00 AM and rode the white caps in.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac nice fish.......................!

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    We had one fish to hit two baits, see attachments. More fish photo's.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Them are some nice looking cats thanks for the pictures

5. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Wow Mac you guys are really showin us up. I guess we need to get off our butts and do some fishin just to keep up!!!! Very Nice Fish and congrats on the good day!!

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nice report LakeNormanBlues!!!

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    thanks for the report some nice fish

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Thanks for the report Mac. Good to see that the flatties are biting already up there. The water temp is finally getting right. It was 64 in Town Creek yesterday. Going out on the river tomorrow so we'll see what the water temp is there.