Lake Norman April 3, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I had as my guest BOC Member Catfish Kenny (spirit only) from Keokuk, Iowa. Kenny has been more or less ice bound most of the winter and he wanted me to be his cyber guide, which I found to be quite an honor.

We left my dock a little late, he was afraid of ice floats in the dark. Thus, at 8 AM we shoved off and made a short trip to one of my secert spots (close to Marker 18). Wind was blowing 10 to 12 MPH out of the East and water surface temp. was 61.4 degrees. Bait of choice for this trip was vaccum sealed gizzard shad that had been frozen for a month of so. I put the trolling motor in and baited up everything, made my cast, etc. I told Kenny that he could man all the rods and I would just do my guide thing.

Kenny managed to get several in the boat and did a quick release at the side of the boat a couple of times. He also caught his first stripers, one of which I cut up and use for bait along with the shad. I think the total count was seven blues, one real nice one and two stripers.

We were back at my dock at 10:15 AM because Kenny has some family matters to take care of tonight. Safe trip home Kenny and thanks for the tip.

PS, anybody know how much a blue quarter is worth.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac it was a pleasure next time lets take Johny the POST-BEETLE....I think he is bout as bad as me needing out of the house! I am gonna enjoy them fiddling Filets ....there is nothing like a fresh catch-tommorow fer lunch fish is on the menue!

3. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Kenny, as much as I like the old man, no way would I do a trip with both of you corndogs. One at a time is all I can handle or stand. Get my drift.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Seeing you are a professional I wont argue with ya:wink:(LOL)

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you all had a fun time on your fishing trip

6. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    OK ya lost me..... what the far is a Cyber Guide? Ne how sounds like a good trip!! Man I need to go fishin!!

7. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Bro., have you ever heard about telephone sex. Well, it is not the same, but similar in principle. Bro. catfish kenny is up there in Iowa and wants to go catfishing in the worst way. Of late, he has been living his fishing life thru me and enjoying my reports about fishing. So, today, I took his spirit with me fishing and thus, I was his cyber guide and fishing partner, like make believe stuff. :crazy:

8. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    OKEE DOKEE now I see. Im a first timer for that. Thanks for lettin me in on it!! LOL

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac when you achieve enlightenment-then you'll understand-WE ARE THERE!:wink: