Lake Norman April 25, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    One of my fishing buddies came over to my dock and picked me up and we went fishing in his boat. He wanted to fish Lucky Creek, which we did. Water surface temp. was in the mid sixties. We had some large gizzard shad, blue blacks, white perch and bream that he caught the night before. We did a little betting on the most fish and the largest catfish over five pounds. As luck would have it, I caught six nice blues in LC and he and his girlfriend caught a striper.

So we move to Davidson Creek area and I get a blue as soon as we get the rigs out and then another one. Got the money sewed up until, he gets a pole bender that is pulling his loose drag and his girlfriend brings it in. Ended up collecting a little money for the most fish.

The cutup gizzard shad and the live bluebacks were what the cats wanted this morning. Best bites came from the back of the two coves that we fished. Largest cat weighed ten pounds and we had two a little over five pounds and the rest were eating size.

2. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    Sounds like you had fun I hope I have the same luck tomarrow

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds like fun to me Mac. I can't wait to get out and start fishing again.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice outtng mac, hey terrance welcome to the boc!!!!

5. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Man I can already smell the fish on my hands. I cant wait to get to the lake in the mornin. Sounds like yall had fun Mac. Congrats

6. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    Yes I live in Mooresville just a hop skip and jump from Lake Norman. Sorry it took so long for me to answer but I can't pm yet:embarassed: