Lake Norman AM fishing report and Gander Mtn. Seminar PM

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Took an old client and friend fishing Sunday AM. We were scheduled to fish for stripers from 7:30 to 8:45 AM and then go catting for the rest of the morning. Well, the stripers were not biting and he and his son caught several bass. At 9 we started trolling for cats and what is the first fish we put in the boat, a striper ofcourse. Nothing else until 9:45 and the small cats turn on in a heart beat, 45 minutes later we start getting some 3 pounders and they move on up to six pounds. I was using cut blue backs for the cats and we ended up with four bass, one striper and 17 cats. Some wind, blue skies (high pressure) and we trolled at 0.5 MPH. Most productive area was a rocky point in less than 12 feet of water. He called me today (Monday) and told me that yesterday had been one of his top five birthdays. :eek:oooh:

2. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    outstanding mac. nice job and sounds like a all in all pretty good day on the water.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Didn't get around to telling you'll about the seminar at Gander Mtn. on Sunday, the 25 th of March. It was called fishing 101, basic stuff, and we had 35 to 37 people in attendance and half were kids and the rest adults. Capt. Double G and myself conducted the program. Attendance was small due to the Bristol Race on the telly and Dick's Sporting Goods had a big todo going on at their site. Sign of the times, we had two mothers there with their 11 and 13 year old daughters.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Mac, that sounds like a nice day fishing brother. Glad to hear the seminar went well. I think a person needs to attend several of your seminars because there is so much stuff! Kinda like watching a good movie twice!