Lake Norman 9-13

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jamie canipe, Sep 14, 2008.

1. jamie canipe

jamie canipe New Member

State:
    nc
    Went fishing Sat. caught 1 blue and a few perch.Fished in LuckyCreek and drifted from back of creek to the mouth. Lots of fish and bait on graph.
    Fished from 7:00-11:00 a.m.,and the bait used was perch and crappie.Special thanks to the Lake Norman Blues for the frequent reports.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jamie, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

Thanks for the fishing report, Mac is a great source of information for that area and catfishing period!

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jamie, I'm sorry, I sent you a PM, but I don't believe you can answer it until you have ten post. Have you fished the cove where the shoal is? If not, start on the left side and go down the southern bank side, then at the end turn right into the narrow creek and fish it down to the split, come back out and fish the northern bank out to Lucky Creek main channel. You will most likely lose one or two rigs due to a hang ups, but some big blues and flatheads can be found in there. Also, to get yourself a jump start, visit 'Mac Byrum's Catfish University' at the top of the forum (Catfish Publications). Additionally, we have a local catfish club called 'Carolinas Catfish Club and we meet every month, except December, at 7 Pm on the second Wednesday of the month at Gander Mtn. in Mooresville. You don't need to be a member to visit.

4. jamie canipe

jamie canipe New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks for the advice,Mac.I did receive the PM , but I can't send them. I usually fish in Mountain Creek, but have been skunked for the last couple of weeks.Thought I would try some where new. Thanks, Jamie C.

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jamie, since you fish Mtn. Creek, you need to go to the Camp Dogwood area or over to Lake Norman Marina and fish both side of the Hwy. 150 bridge. There are some big ones in both places. In the past I have won some tournaments, plus several top fives out of both areas.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    jamie These guys all have some great knowledge, advice, and skill. Keep on listening to them and they will put you on the fish. Good luck in the future